Japanese garden as the intangible cultural asset of Japan 1

Japanese garden as the intangible cultural asset of Japan 1

I am so glad to what you are interested in the Japanese garden and if you of the foreign person understand the spiritual side and importance of the Japanese garden.

Season of myriad green leaves
(Nanzen-in Temple, Kyoto)

Unfortunately, I think that because the reason for the garden had been lost, the garden has not been an object of the interest for a long time in Japan. Nowadays, the garden is what only beauty is emphasized as simple tourist attractions. If a value of tourist attractions of garden will be lost, there is a possibility that will disappear. By defeat of World War II, the Japanese denied all the traditional spirituality by education. However, I did not come under influence because I was brought up for the childhood period by a grandmother born in Meiji era (1968-1912). I have acquired Japanese traditional sense of values as a result. I am a followers of Shintoism and a Zen Buddhist, and the syncretism of Shinto and Buddhism is outlook on Japanese traditional religion. I am a photographic artist and I make my works about Japanese traditional religion, which main motif is that are the Japanese garden and the intangible cultural asset of the shrine-related Shintoism. I have noticed through shooting, that we don't respect a tangible cultural properties, but an intangible cultural asset, in Japanese traditional values. Similarly, we don't respect a scripture, but an actual observations. Namely, the Japanese garden is that it is an intangible cultural asset of the Buddhism temple in the same way as an intangible cultural asset of the shrine-related Shintoism. I think that it has a meaning as an intangible cultural asset like an intangible cultural asset of the shrine-related Shintoism. Because the Japanese garden is put in the critical situation now, I think that education is necessary that is for understanding the Japanese garden as an intangible cultural asset.
*All these sentences are based on my personal opinion.

This is an example of the intangible cultural asset of the shrine-related Shintoism.
ABOUT OTAUE (RICE PLANTING) SHINTO RITUAL
https://warabe-jp.blogspot.com/2018/06/about-otaue-rice-planting-shinto-ritual.html

*If you would like to pay a monetary contribution after reading this article, please click the button below.

I will use it for expense for covering news and making artworks.


This page was last modified: February 9, 2020.

コメント